SOFTWARE ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT VISION
- "To be a leading department in Software Engineering recognized in professional industry for the calibre of its graduates and to contribute effectively towards Software Engineering discipline."
MISSION OF BACHELORS OF SOFTWARE ENGINEERING PROGRAM
- To produce professionals having sound knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering domain to satisfy the demands and challenges of Software Engineering field, and who are aware of their social and ethical responsibilities.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- PEO-1: Enable graduates to exhibit comprehensive knowledge and application to address problems in software engineering sphere as capable professional engineers.
- PEO-2: Enable graduates to work and communicate with understanding as individuals and in multidisciplinary teams.
- PEO-3: Equip graduates to discharge professional practice in consideration of ethical and societal obligations.
- PEO-4: Enable graduates to keep abreast of advancements in software engineering and computing domain through continued professional development and life-long learning.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES (PLOs) / GRADUATE ATTRIBUTES
- PLO-1 Engineering Knowledge: An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PLO-2 Problem Analysis: An ability to identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- PLO-3 Design / Development of Solutions: An ability to design solutions for complex engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PLO-4 Investigation: An ability to investigate complex engineering problems in a methodical way including literature survey, design and conduct of experiments, analysis and interpretation of experimental data, and synthesis of information to derive valid conclusions.
- PLO-5 Modern Tool Usage: An ability to create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling, to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- PLO-6 The Engineer and Society: An ability to apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice and solution to complex engineering problems.
- PLO-7 Environment and Sustainability: An ability to understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- PLO-8 Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- PLO-9 Individual and Teamwork: An ability to work effectively, as an individual or in a team, on multifaceted and /or multidisciplinary settings.
- PLO-10 Communication: An ability to communicate effectively, orally as well as in writing, on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PLO-11 Project Management: An ability to demonstrate management skills and apply engineering principles to one’s own work, as a member and/or leader in a team, to manage projects in a multidisciplinary environment.
- PLO-12 Lifelong Learning: An ability to recognize importance of, and pursue lifelong learning in the broader context of innovation and technological developments.
MAPPING OF PLOs TO PEOs
|PLO 1: Engineering Knowledge||X|
|PLO 2: Problem Analysis||X|
|PLO 3: Design / Development of solutions||X|
|PLO 4: Investigation||X|
|PLO 5: Modern Tool Usage||X|
|PLO 6: The Engineer and Society||X|
|PLO 7: Environment and Sustainability||X|
|PLO 8: Ethics||X|
|PLO 9: Individual and Team Work||X|
|PLO 10: Communication||X|
|PLO 11: Project Management||X|
|PLO 12: Lifelong Learning||X|